Monday, April 4, 2011

Sci fi story

2111                                                     

            There I am, freezing in this cold cube.  I have no idea where I could possibly be at right now.  I start to break the ice that is around me with my body, there must be at least a foot of ice around me.  My shoulders can’t take much more of running into the sides of this ice cube, they are starting to bleed and I need to get out of this cube before I freeze to death!  Then all of a sudden one more run at the cube and crash!!  The ice broke open and I was free from this ice cube.  Now all I have to do is find some people to find out where I am and what year it is in right now.  I realize that I am in a cave because there is a little tunnel out of here and I could just barely see a little poke of light at the end if this tunnel.  As soon as I reach the end of it I look outside and it is so bright that I have to close my eyes and return back into the tunnel for a couple more minutes, that way my eyes will adjust to the light. 
            I believe it is the year 2111, all my research over the years I have a good idea what time of year it is.  I’m living on my own in a house; there is no one left that I know of.  There are people out there but not my kind of race, there some sort of zombie looking people.  I captured two of these zombie looking people and I have them locked my basement where I am doing research on them to see how they function.  My research has shown that they don’t like the sunlight at all and when they do go into the sun light their skin ends up burning.  These people feed off human bodies for their blood, and when they do get attacked they end up dying and then turning into some other sort of monster.  My daily ritual that I have to do every day is to wake up with me and my two dogs that I found stranded, take the both of them for a walk through the town.  And on my way back home I stop at the video store to pick up a movie.  The town is very bare, there are cars stranded on the sides of the roads and all of the roads are cracked with weeds and grass coming up through it.  Every building is stranded and nothing left in them, it almost looks like everyone just got up and left all of their things here and took off.  When I get back home I make me some breakfast for my dogs and me, we typically eat a lot of canned food that way we can save the food that we don’t have that much of.  Some days I have to fix my house so that these monsters looking things can’t get into my house while I am sleeping.  I have gone to the library to get some books on stars because that way I can tell when the sun will go down.  These monsters usually come out as soon as the sun goes down, and that is when I want to be locked in my house away from everyone else.  I usually set a timer to know that the sun will be gone in fifteen minutes.    
It’s been thirty days that I have been living on my own and it is very lonely, many times I find myself doing nothing and looking off into space.  Every day I broadcast on the radio to see if anyone is out there to meet me at the docks at noon every day.  I have a feeling that there are more people out there, it’s just I believe they are scared to come out of where they are.  My recent encounter with the monster was probably one of the worst ones I have had.  They wanted to rip my head off by using two ropes and tie them to my head.  My goal is to try and find out an antidote that will help these creatures go back to normal and maybe even calm them down a little.  In order for me to figure this out I need to somehow find out where these creatures stay during the day.  To do this I must make a trap during the day, that way when they do come out at night hopefully one of them will go over the trap and be captured.  I need some different blood samples to help me find the correct antidote, and if I put the wrong antidote in the body then the monster looking thing will go into an attack kind of mode. 
Day 50, I am still living alone with my dogs and there is still no one that has come out of hiding.  I’m thinking of leaving here and traveling to a different place around this town or go to a different state.  According to my maps that I have found throughout the city I am in the southern state of Florida.  The only bad part of me traveling to a different state is that I don’t know what is out there and if these kind of creatures are out there too in that place.  Even though I have the ammo to take down all of these creatures, I just don’t want to risk my life traveling to some place I don’t know and stay in my home where I know I’m safe.
I decided to travel into a different state to find out if there is other civilization out there in the world.  On my way out of this insane town I ran across some of these creatures going across the road, I quickly shut all my lights off hoping that they didn’t see me.  Unfortunately I was caught by the head of the creatures, he quickly turned to where my lights turned off and I then turned all of my bright lights on went straight for him.  Accelerating as fast as my truck could go, I reached to one hundred miles an hour and then the truck and the body collided with a force so big the earth shook a little bit.  As soon as the truck finally fell back to the ground I realized that my truck had more damage than the body, then the creature popped his head over the hood of my car and I couldn’t tell if there was something wrong with him but it didn’t look like it.  So I then quickly stepped on the gas once again and went over top of him, except this time I just kept on going and not turning around.  As I turned over my shoulder to see if any of them were following me, I saw one of my dogs had gotten bitten by one of the creatures and I didn’t even know it.  I slammed on my brakes, didn’t even care if they caught up to me, I just wanted to make sure that my dog was ok and wasn’t going to die. Unfortunately my dog had multiple bites in his lower leg and in one of my studies showed that a side effect would be a loss of hair rapidly.  In the back of my truck I had to kill my own dog with my bare hands right in front of me, this is one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do before in my life.  Thank god I had another dog to be able to see every day.  I have been traveling for about seven hours now and it is light outside and none of the creatures were following me because they can’t be in the sunlight.  I am not sure what state I am in now but I still think that I am in Florida somewhere.  I brought most of my canned food with me in the back of my truck and some of my equipment that helped me broadcast on the radio, and I plan on doing the same in the next town I plan on staying in.
I found an apartment that is in really good condition and it is very high off the ground to where these creatures wouldn’t be able to see me.  My first day alone I spent on the radio saying
“If there is anyone out there, meet me at the point at noon. I will be there every day.”
Two days later I was at my point and I saw three people walking towards me, it looked like to me that there were two kids and a mom.  I wasn’t taking any chances with this so I pulled my gun up till they got closer, that way if they weren’t human I was ready if they were to attack me.  Thank god that there was nothing wrong with these people and I’m glad that they were able to survive this outbreak.  So we quickly left out of there and went straight back to my apartment that was completely secure from anything if it were to come.  We all sat down and I asked them some questions like.
“How did you make it through this time?”  “What were there names?” Just some basic questions to get to know them better.  The mother told me that we need to get out of this town as fast as we can because she said that there were other people here that weren’t like us in any way.  So the rest of the day we spent our time looking at different maps to see how to get out of here as fast as possible.  The kids were watching different movies that I brought with and then we all went to sleep that night.  I decided to spend the night watching over everybody just in case anything was to happen.  In the morning we took off driving as far as we could out of this place.  This is where we are today in the State of Georgia, there is also a lot actual humans here who survived the outbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment