Friday, April 8, 2011

Short Story

Alex Stevenson
Hour 2

The Man

                A long time ago there was a man who had no feelings inside his head.  He spent most of his days sitting on his front porch step watching the people walk by his house.  Many people when they walked by didn’t even look towards this guys house.  Most of them ended up walking faster as they went by, or they decided to never go that way again in their life.  This man who no one even knew because no ever talked to him had done some excruciating things in his life that any normal person would never do or even think about doing. 
                Across the street and down a few houses there was a home for sale and this man has been watching this house very carefully because he wanted to see if this could be his next victim.  People have been living in this neighborhood for a little while and then they would move because of this man who ended up murdering a person while they were living there.  The way he finds his next victims to kill is by watching their daily routines, and by watching the house to see what goes on inside and outside.  At night is when he goes to the house and looks through the window and watches them.  His latest victim, who lived by him, lived in the house that was for sale down the street.  He stocked this women for two weeks, and then finally made his move to attack her and kidnap her.  By sneaking through the window that she left open that night he got into the females house and went straight to the room in which she slept in at night.  Standing at the bottom of her bed, he pulls her legs as hard as he could to rip her off the bed.  Right when he pulls her leg, she wakes up screaming so loud that neighbors could hear ten houses down the street.  But when she fell off the bed the screaming stopped.  He pulled her so hard and she hit the ground so hard that she was knocked out from the blow to the head.  Throwing her over his shoulder, he walks out the front door like nothing ever happened there.  Walking back to his house with the women on his shoulder he takes her to his basement to put her through a cruel and unusual punishment that will probably end up killing her.  In the basement of his house, it looked like a torture chamber and it looked like this person was sick and disgusting. 
                After about a week of watching this house that is for sale and no one is buying it, he sees another single women come up to the door to greet the seller.  They start off with a casual handshake to greet each other.  She enters the home and she takes a tour with the guy selling the house, it took the two of them an hour and a half to tour the entire house.  The man sitting on his front porch step sees the front door open again and this time he sees her open her purse.  She pulls out her wallet and writes the man a check for the house.  The man watching the house sees this and is blown away and can’t wait to find out if this will be his next victim or not?  Within a week the single women his moved in the house and is just doing some minor things to the house to her liking.  As this is going on the man just down the street is watching all of this go down and is getting a good feeling inside of him about this women.  He knows inside of him that this woman is a piece of cake and he will have no problems with her.  Inside his head right now he has this entire plan already planned out, and usually this would take at least another month longer to make a plan and watch their habits. 
                This women living in her own home now and is completely settled in her home.  Now taking walks in the evening hour to explore the neighborhood and maybe even say hello to some of her new neighbors that she now has.  And this one day she walked by this man’s house that sits outside on his front porch step all the time.  None of her neighbors told her that this man has murdered many people who live around here and that this man is a complete psycho.  As she walks by the house, she says hello and the man saw her face, and his jaw just dropped to the floor because this was the prettiest woman she has ever seen in her life.  He couldn’t even respond back to her because he felt different inside and he has never felt like this before.  The lady looked at him and then saw that this man wasn’t going to say anything back and just walked away.  As soon as she was out of sight and around the corner where he couldn’t see her, he got out of his chair and went into his house.  He sat down at the table and thought of a way to get into her house at night to get rid of her.  As the woman returned to her home after her walk, the man waited a little bit for her to get ready for bed.  His plan was to sneak around the house to find out the best place to get through a window and into her house.  The very first window that he came up to was wide open and if he really wanted to he could have hopped right into the window and into her house.  But he thought to himself that if he was to do this?  How would he bring her back to his house?  But instead he decided to go right back to her house and wait just a couple more days so that she will be settled in her house and more comfortable with the neighbors. 
                The next day the single women came outside again, from where the man was sitting it looked like she was going to go for another walk throughout the neighborhood.  But instead she was heading straight for my house!  I quickly grabbed my knife that I had in my back pocket and when she got close to my house I was ready to attack her to get rid of her for good.  As she gets closer and closer to me I start to get even more nervous around her.  The very first thing she says to me is “hello there, my name is Sandy.  What is your name?”  And my response to what she just said was blank.  I couldn’t even think of what to say back to her, she took my breath away and this was the first time that has happened to me.  Finally I had a word that came out of my mouth, “I want to marry you!”  That was the only thing I could think of when I was standing in front of her.  As soon as I said that I thought to myself I am the biggest fool of all time and this lady is going to start to laugh right in front of me.  Her response after me making a fool of myself was, “I don’t really know you that well.”  As the days go by and the women keeps coming by my house to talk about anything, I start to open up more to her and talk about things in my past.  A month passes and then I pop the question to her, “will you marry me?”  It took her a while for her to respond and thank the lord she said yes!  I was probably one of the happiest mans alive!  We both found love and we lived happily the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment